Saturday, October 10, 2009

'Poetry Jazz'

I call It 'Poetry Jazz' 



I am sure you the viewers of Jazz On My Mind are aware there are several degrees of jazz. Lets see, there is your traditional jazz, classical jazz, latin jazz, swing jazz, soul jazz and fusion jazz. On September 18, I discovered a new one for the books and I am calling it, ' Poetry Jazz '.  I attended a program in Wilmington Delaware hosted by Ms. Franshone Roberts, a dynamic and talented young lady who is putting on has these wonderful cultural, musical shows. Franshone is not only a heady businesswoman, she also has written some outstanding poetry. Her reading of these meaningful, thoughtout words are a big part of her life and her delivery is magnificent. Put them with some  great jazz and you got it, 'Poetry Jazz'. The jazz was provided by Wilmington's own, Element, lead by Curt Johnson of 'C Major' recording.  Music was also performed by 'Soul Selby',' Suite 215', 'Devja', and the very soulful jazz vocalist Rita Dee, who sang her soon to be released single 'You Can Not Live By Lust'.  Rita Dee has been featured on this website and will be back very soon. Poetry  was also delivered by Marni Williams and Poet Shahidah. Stay tuned because Franshon will be back with another entertaining evening and you will hear about it right  here on 'Jazz On My Mind'.  'Poetry Jazz',  I like that and you will too. We wish you the best Franshon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments